Congratulations! You’re a Winner! You have been voted the: Best Acupuncturist
by readers of the Nashua Telegraph’s neighborhood newspapers, your customers, clients, customers or patients, and voters from the Chamber’s membership!
Corona Virus (Covid-19) UPDATE
Dear patients and our community,
We are now open!
As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system.
Because there are many unknowns about Coronavirus and things can change rapidly, we believe using common sense is the best measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are taking every precaution to keep our staff and clients safe while they receive the needed services.
Because we are spacing out our clients to accommodate the necessary changes for Covid-19, we are not seeing as many clients as before, so we ask for your patience and we will try to accommodate as many as safely possible. We also ask for your help in keeping our clinic safe and free from Covid-19 by coming to your appointment wearing a mask, canceling your appointment if you feel sick or believe you may have been exposed, traveled outside of NH by bus, plane or train, or have any Covid-19 symptoms.
We thank you for your part in keeping our community safe!
If you are feeling ill, or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please stay home and limit your exposure to other people in your community. By taking action, you will significantly delay the spread of COVID-19:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen).
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Travel within the past 14 days to areas that have people known to be infected with COVID-19.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Healthcare workers who have been in contact with patients known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Prevention is the best medicine. Here are some additional resources for our patients and community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are really basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes as a first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat.
- Eat more nutrient dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, industrial seed oils, processed foods, alcohol, and foods you are sensitive to (wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades etc.)
- Support lung health by doing some even breathing, preferably outdoors in fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Breath in through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 1 count, then out through your mouth for a count of 5, hold for 1 count. Repeat. Make the counts even and not too long that you struggle.
What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
- Immune boosting and antiviral herbs! Herbs boost and support your immune system. Let us know you are interested in herbs and we’ll figure out the best way they can help you.
- Probiotics are an important part of your immune system. They are available in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, specifically labeled pickles, miso, kombucha (careful because it can contain lots of sugar and some caffeine). Consider supplementing with a concentrated pill or powder.
- Elderberry syrup is a go to recommendation for antiviral support that you can order online or get at Whole Foods.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc are also good supplements to boost your immune system.
To the Point: Immunity System Support PDF
As part of our ongoing support to you and our community, we’ve included a FREE PDF download to help give you the tools to strengthen your immune system at home. Click here to download this FREE PDF resource.
Up-to-date COVID-19 Data from the World Health Organization
For the current number of cases worldwide, the World Health Organization maintains a COVID-19 Situation Report worldwide. Click here.
As acupuncturists and practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we are committed to the health and safety of our community. With your help and support, we can all take part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
While these times may feel unusually challenging, please know we will continue to monitor the current situation and evaluate additional measures to help support our patients, employees and community.
Thank you and stay safe.
Click here or call us for more information!